Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy St.George's Day!

Today is St.George's Day. I wonder how many people remembered. To be honest I nearly forgot, what with my mind on other things. Terrible, and me blogging on such things as an English parliament and constitutional fairness for the English and people of England.

I put it all down to the fact that we live in a society that doesn't feel at ease with such stuff. If I had my way today would be a public holiday. Scrap the May Day red flag nonsense of Old Labour and celebrate something worthwhile, honest and decent.

The BBC is doing its bit, but I see they have a picture of a man in a suit of armour dragging a dragon past Buckingham Palace. If that's the sort of publicity we need to raise awareness, so be it, but I would hope one day we can all look forward to a really fun day of celebration and national pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...