Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cellars or sellers?

I was beginning to feel sorry for myself, being a bit headachy in this thundery weather, or at least it is in the Solihull area. Then I read that the Government is stashing booze away in the cellars of the Whitehall maze of Ministries to the tune of almost £800,000. That made the tingling brain cells come back to life!

What on earth do they need so much for? Most of it can't be worth storing. They've got 39,500 bottles of wine, spirits and liqueurs valued at around £792,000. Just another Jack Daniels to complement the stock, eh? They live on another planet.

Last night I saw a programme on Channel 4 about the credit crisis. One chap said, "You don't have to be a risk assessment manager to know that if you lend loads of money to someone who hasn't got a job, hasn't got any property and isn't particularly credit worthy that that is not a very good deal!".

I don't need convincing that this country is run by cretins for cretins - I know it's a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...