Saturday, February 7, 2009

Is Jo Brand turning PC?

I very much like Jo Brand. I think her humour is very observant and she delivers it well. However, I would think she may be a tad prickly in her private life. I think I got a glimpse of some body language that showed a decided amount of uncomfortableness when I saw her on the One Show sitting next to Carol Thatcher. Adrian Chiles was chivvying them along with his Brummie banter, but when Carol spoke Jo Brand shifted rather uneasily as if someone had broken wind. Carol was completeley oblivious.

My guess is that, when looking at that photo, she said something like "Ooh, look, his hair makes him look like the Robertson's golliwog. You know, the one on the jam pots. Tee hee. How funny!?!". Whereupon, Jo took umbrage and went all grumpy. BBC top brass then emerged like a mixture of Hattie Jacques, Joyce Grenfell and Alastair Sim all in a matronly/schoolmasterly manner.

"What's going on?", "Who said what?" and the whole ticking off process began. Jo Brand has said all manner of rude things and in the main they are funny. She is a funny woman. But I have noticed a more serious approach to life. I would hope she can be both serious and funny without being judgemental and unnecessarily PC about it all.

Because there are far too many people floating around in worthless positions just eager to get their PC adrenalin running. They must be neutered at the first opportunity!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...