Monday, February 9, 2009

The Anglican Catholic "thing" and the Woman Bishop "thing"!

I love the way some Anglicans talk about each other. The BBC is monitoring the women bishop "thing". I say that because a certain Mr.Jim Cheeseman, a member of the General Synod who opposes the plans for women bishops, says, "I think a lot of people who are in the Anglican Catholic "thing" have thought about Rome and decided they are Anglicans." That is about right. I have thought about it, but it doesn't mean I want all the other "things".

It will take a bit more thought to work it all out satisfactorily, but one "thing" I don't want is for a female prelate to come banging on the door upsetting us all. There are some very nice people on both sides of the belief divide. What we need is some kind of well-built bridge rather than a hotheaded bunch of eccliastical navvies digging deeper for a parting of the ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...