Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wendy Richard dies

She was certainly a fighter. Dale Winton said it well. "She was a real fighter and actually a very kind and funny lady in her own right." She was. I've known of Wendy Richard all my life I suppose. She was the "voice" to Mike Sarne's biker. "Will I what? I will not!" Great lyric. She was Miss Brahms and what a part. Portraying a young woman who was very capable of withstanding the advances of men, but giving subtle hints that perserverance may win the day! And of course Pauline in Eastenders. I've never watched Eastenders but I've seen enough to know what people meant. She knew how to show ordinary women in a production without overdoing it.

She will be missed by the British public, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...