Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tory rebel Bob Spink becomes Ukip's first MP

The Daily Telegraph has announced that the UK Independence Party will announce today that Mr. Robert Spink, formerly of the Conservative Party will join the party. The BBC announces that he already has!

So UKIP gets its first MP. It would have been better for them, I suppose, if they had won the seat in an election, but gaining a seat by whatever means (foul ones excluded, of course!) is OK. UKIP can be pleased that they have an MP, two peers, and ten MEPs. Makes a baker's dozen!

When I posted before that Bob Spink might join UKIP I was told "You're welcome to him!". As I'm not a member of UKIP, I'm not bothered in that sense. However, it helps the cause of those against the centralising powers and interfering nature of the European Union. Personally I want to see the EU transformed into a Commonwealth of Europe. I want a big exit door constructed for the European Parliament, the Council of Ministers, and all the brown envelope brigade of Brussels to go through so that they get the sort of radar checking you find at airports!

In the meantime, UKIP gets Bob Spink! We'll have to see how effective he becomes as a UKIP member rather than a Conservative one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...