Monday, April 12, 2010

The Times and its anti-Catholic diatribes

What is it with Murdoch's lot? They seem to have lost all sense of journalistic proportion and become opinionated bloggers. A bit like me and several thousand others.

I don't profess to report news in an accurate way. I don't distort it, I hope. I just have my say. Like Libby Purves and her "arrest the Pope" stuff in The Times. But it's not just that paper. Others are getting all anti-Catholic in a snidy way. Fair comment to say you think that Catholicism is baloney or not your cup of tea. But it's just the cheap innuendo that passes for cerebral journalism that I find hard to take.

Richard Dawkins is a known snide on the subject, as is the ascerbic Christopher Hitchens. But I'm surprised by some of the others. I think it is best to ride out this, as Damian Thompson suggests. Any response will be like feeding red meat to lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...