Wednesday, April 28, 2010

David Cameron and the wisteria bill!

So there I was, talking about David Cameron and his expense claim for wisteria removal and, lo and behold, he's still giving answers on the subject. Answers that don't quite assuage the public, if the London Evening Standard is anything to go by.

Cameron says, "I took the decision that because of some of the very bad things that had happened, I thought it was very important to show some leadership ... so I paid back one very important claim, which was a claim for household maintenance which included the famous wisteria on the house because, of course, the chimney didn't work so I couldn't actually heat the house." But does one fireplace heat a whole house? It's all a bit schoolboy-in-front-of-headmaster stuff. I'd have preferred him to say that he should not have claimed for the wisteria removal in the first place, that he was sorry, that he would pay the money back and that a line would be drawn in the sand. A new start.

Instead, he is still trying to prove a point. He claims leadership but has been quite brutal to others by suggesting they were that much more wrong. How is the duck house or the moat clearance any different. I'll tell you what I think. I think he thought it a good time to get rid of the likes of Douglas Hogg and Sir Peter Viggars. Make them look like stale bread in the Modern Conservative Party.

It really won't do. There is NOT ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE between Douglas Hogg's moat and David Cameron's chimney. Both got a thorough cleansing at taxpayer's expense. I just think it is all wrong to scapegoat those who can be thought of as dispendable politically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...