Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Paul McCartney for Downing Street?

In its rolling news feature, the BBC reports at 1552 "As the Lib Dem leader arrived at a community centre in Penny Lane, one onlooker said disappointingly, "I thought the VIP was going to be Paul McCartney" ". The BBC's Fiona Trott in Liverpool for the election puts this in as vital news.

I wonder what this says about it all. Are the electorate interested in this election, long awaited as it has been? Although I'm fairly involved in political thought it still amazes me that many people don't know who their political leaders are. Nick Clegg is relatively unknown we are told, but surely at a political event during the election the person was never going to be Paul McCartney. Or am I just too much out of the loop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...