Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sky leaders' debate

Just got up from watching the Sky leaders' debate. First reactions are that I was a tad disappointed. At one point I thought I had drifted into Gardeners' Question Time. David Cameron moved up on the points table, though, I thought. Better body image and better presentation. Substance wasn't too bad either.

Now I know that Gordon Brown wants to "deport 'em" - illegal immigrants, that is. Is he borrowing phrases from the BNP or giving them to them? "British jobs for British workers". That one slipped in too.

The audience seemed more animated than last week. Maybe it's the Bristol air. Lastly, I think Adam Boulton overdid the sales pitch for this show. He implied it was going to be a ratings buster, along the lines of some show of Simon Cowell's. I'd like a bit more pepper in the politics. This was more like MasterChef when an aspiring cook gets given praise laced with "but you must pay more attention to your flavours!".

All in all, it was a bit bland tonight. Let's hope the last one will be a bit more punchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...