Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Water rats get away with it!

My goodness! Severn Trent Water has been fined £35.8m for dodgy dealings and giving their customers poor service. They don't even bother to say they had a "robust business model" in place. But what's the point of fining them? We'll all end up paying for it in the long run. If I had my way, they'd be in court, given a prison service and then told to clean up the rivers, canals, pipes and sewers as community service!

Tony Wray, the new chief executive, does at least appear to be concerned. "When my new management team and I uncovered misreporting and poor service in our customer relations department we promptly alerted Ofwat", he said. Mr Wray told the BBC that those responsible for providing the false information "are absolutely no longer with Severn Trent". But they are free to wander the streets! They should be brought to book.

This country appears to be so totally lacklustre in clamping down on corporate crime, wrongdoing and general greedy behaviour. I hope these guys haven't drifted into the banking industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...