Friday, March 28, 2008

Radio 4 News giggling fit is naughty but nice

I was listening this morning to the Today programme on Radio 4. Charlotte Green, the newsreader, had to read a piece about the oldest known recording of the human voice. Green's hysterical outburst started after a studio member remarked that the recording of a woman singing the French song Clair de Lune, made in 1860, played, sounded like a "bee buzzing in a bottle". I thought it a good laugh, just like many others who have contacted the BBC. Makes the show all that more human, I'd say. Jim Naughty managed to follow on with what sounded very straight-laced voice!

It reminded me of the newsman in Seattle, I think, who commented on a report of a golfer who somehow took his golf kit through a car wash with the top of his car down. Without sensing any irony, the newsman said "I suppose he's got the cleanest balls in town!". Unfortunately, his co-anchor got the giggles big time and fell into convulsive laughter and helplessly tried to carry on with the autocue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...