Sunday, July 11, 2010

Octopus was right! Spain wins World Cup

All smiles before the match!My daughter came into the room. "I think that octopus got it right", she said, as she heard my wife grumbling about the Dutch misses, fouls and general yellow carding. "No, no!" came the retort, and then things livened up. I really thought that the Dutch would score. Not to be, alas. Then my son started on about the parakeet's prediction. "It'll go to penalties", I gamely suggested. "Are the Dutch any good at penalties?" Then before anymore was said, the Spanish were whooping it up. Before we knew it, it was all over. Look of glum despondency on my wife's face. "Well, the Dutch got further than the English", I ventured to say. No good. My daughter, on going to bed, whispered, "I knew the octopus was right!". Oh, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...