Monday, March 16, 2009

Chris Tarrant arrested on suspicion of assault

The Daily Mail is reporting that Chris Tarrant was taken to Staines police station for allegedly assaulting a woman. He has been released without charge. Which woman he is supposed to have assaulted is unknown, but it isn't a matter we need to know I think. What is something we should know is if Chris Tarrant thinks it is all a storm in a teacup or something of a character trait.

He is known for his quick temper and he can be quite demeaning of people. However, he is a hugely talented quiz show host and TV presenter. Talented people can have flaws as much as anyone else. Gryff Rhys Jones was exceptionally brave when he confronted his own anger in a recent TV documentary, especially when he was told his actions affected others. He had not thought this was the case.

I am not sitting in judgement of anyone. I'm prone to the odd bout of anger when I get frustrated but I've not thumped anyone. Got near it, I must admit, but a sneaking doubt always lingers that I may come off worst in any ensuing struggle. I think this must be from the days at my prep school when Mr.Miller the gym teacher put me in a boxing match. My nose seemed to go into my skull and I was acting like a cartoon character for at least five minutes. Needless to say, I was not seen as "boxing material" after that!

I hope Chris Tarrant is able to resume a domestic life that is more geared to bliss than bluster. We live in a far more agressive society, which is a crying shame. Perhaps this year, as we strive to get out of the recession, we can be a little less so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...